top of page

Mouton Cadet Reserve Medoc Rouge 2008

Bright, medium garnet; medium rim. On nose, dry red berries, plums and prunes fruit. Lurking expresso coffee tones and earthiness. Medium bodied, it tastes Medoc in terms of minerality, soft tannins and refined spice and slight complexity because of long bottle ageing. The 42% Cabernet is still hinting distant blackcurrant tones certain ripeness in the aftertaste, and at the time giving good acidities and texture. The remaining 58% merlot gives body and ripe fruit.

We cannot say we like very much this wine. A pretty straightforward wine, it gives some good terroir complexities though. This has become a rare bottle by now.

Chill slightly the wine. Allow it rest in glass for some minutes before consuming.

In the context of the world economic doldrums of the 1930’s, this wine represent Mouton’s efforts to go beyond its aristocratic and famous wines to reach the mass the wider audience. This is an entry level wine maximizing on Mouton’s experience, resources for accessing the best fruit parcel in Medoc, as well as tradition and expertise in wine making. DD85.

bottom of page