top of page

Laroze 2013 St Emilion GCC

Deep ruby, medium rim. A floral, red-fruited first nose(red currents and plums). Certain ripeness from more than 60% Merlot fruit shows fresh red cherries and plums on the second, followed by coffee and liquorice tones. Extended oak ageing and storage hint chocolaty, cedary and forestry tones. The remaining 40% is Cabernet Franc, which gives some freshness and grass tones. Think du Tertre of Margaux, in terms of stylistic influence from Franc. The palate is lighter with soft extract and high acidity, medium towards a long finish.

2013 is an excellent year to show wine-making skills—a great value Grand Cru Classe. DD90+, WS88, Falstaff88. Reasonable scores.

bottom of page