top of page

Chateau Giscours 'Le Haut-Medoc de Giscours' 2015

Deep Ruby, tight garnet rim. Warm and sunny. Sophisticated black fruit of blackberries and plum. Rich secondary tones of smoke, cedar, tobacco, cocoa, almonds, caramel and mineral reminiscent of Larbarde, Margaux. Lightish on nose and dense on palate, this bottle is with correct 13.5% ABV, fine tannins, full-spectrum of tastes, with balanced character from 50% Cabernet for good structure and 50% Merlot and ripeness.

Soils are from Gravels and clayey-sandy alluvium, hence the mineral finish. Complete French oak ageing for one year with 20% new and the remaining 80% from the first and second wine of Giscours, hence the rich, toasty undertones.

Vine is young but aged enough with 25 years of age and therefore still very intense in the finish and gives a reasonable length of 10+ second fruit length and medium finish.

Jancis Robinson writes, 'The Haut-Médoc de Giscours is the other great asset of Château Giscours, a red with delicate notes of black fruits, accompanied by a beautiful minty and woody nuance. It is a dense, full-bodied wine with very silky tannins, so much charm and generosity. Do not miss it !'

Our Score is DD91. Other reference, Please check


bottom of page